Sunday 23 June 2013

Smiles



 Smiles 

Hi welcome to my  first ever blog, I decided to do a fairly quick and easy card as my first project. I hope you like it!


Above are some of the materials I started with, a pretty 6x6" sheet of paper, Craft work cards die cut birdcage and bird, Tim Holtz tattered florals die cuts. 
.



First I inked and stamped the bird with distress inks and glittered the edges, I also did the same with the birdcage. Next I took a sheet of white Craft style white circle embossed card and used the die to cut some of the smaller flowers and used distress dies to bring out the embossed circles.




Matt and layered the paper on to Kraft card, cut and ink a paper dollie and stick onto the corners on the card, layer this onto a white 8x8" card blank. Distress more using a script stamp randomly over the page. Ink and glittered the kraft card.
Punch small circles for the centre of the larger flowers, add these to the top left hand corner and one at the bottom.
Stamp the sentiment again onto kraft card and ink the edges, I find the best way to add ink is with a blender tool or cut & dry foam.



Add the bird and cage with a small flower and gem. Metal embellishment is used at the top to fill a blank corner. 

Finished card.

No comments:

Post a Comment