Sunday 1 December 2013

Advent Christmas Tree

Hello again, thought I would share my Advent Christmas Tree, just finished making it today.

It's an MDF tree which I wanted to make into an advent calender, it's double sided.

I really enjoyed making this even though it's taken me ages to make and I was supposed to be sorting out my spare room...... oh well!!!

First I used Frescos nougat and the base and sprayed London Bus and Limelight over the top. I then built up layers using Christmas Stamps and stencils, Frescos and inks. I had a happy accident when I was using my new reverse chicken wire stencil as the paint run underneath, but I really liked the wider effect so left this as it was.

It was at this point I realised I didn't really have many numbers, I had a small die and some chipboard ones but not enough so I had to get creative with what I used.

I made some by covering card with ribbon and twine, thick cardboard and paints, tracing some on to card, using a stencil, gems, circles and punches, grunge paste & paints, white mini pom poms & paints and cutting freehand.

So I could show which date we are on I cut a Paperarsy die in half and glued a mini peg to the back to clip on to correct date. I Finished with a few metal embellishments. 

Love the effect and its going to take center place on the fireplace.










Hope you like it and please leave a nice comment.

Thanks

Jules

1 comment:

  1. It's stunning and so funky. Love it's individuality and quirkiness. X

    ReplyDelete