Saturday 7 December 2013

Christmas Wreath

Hello

Only 2 weeks to go eek!!!

I have so much to do starting to worry now as I have orders for cards which I haven't started yet so going to be busy next week!

At least today I have made my Christmas wreath, I started with a plain really cheap wreath.


And started using a poinsettia die from spellbinders which I had forgotten about and used some lovely vintage Christmas papers, red & green card to layer up the flower and added gold leaves.

I had wanted some plain pine cones but could only get red ones, so I used gold treasure gold to change the colour of them and was left with a pleasing red/gold effect .

I made some small red bows and a large gold bow from ribbon I bought from Ikea. I have bought loads of ribbon from Ikea as its cheap and you get lots on a reel.

Used hot glue (and burnt myself about 5 times) to stick it all altogether and here is the result.


Thanks for looking and please leave a nice comment.

Jules 

1 comment:

  1. Looks lovely Jules. Treasure gold worked a treat and poinsettia look lovely. X

    ReplyDelete